It is in our collective interest at the camp to know, to understand and to obey the camp policy, in order to make our camp as convenient and safe as possible. Therefore this policy is mandatory for all campers.
Campers must not:
– bring into the camp area or the organized lessons things or materials that can harm life, health and body, including tools that can cause or start fire.
– bring cigarettes, alcohol or any other illegal things into the camp. These objects or materials will be taken from the campers and – if the law permits it- at the end of the camp will be given back to the parents.
– leave the area without the Camp Leaders’ permission.
– go into Lake Balaton without the Camp Leaders’ permission.
– leave their group during a lesson without their teacher’s permission.
– be a danger to either other campers or teachers. To fight or to cause any harm to any other person. This is considered as a severe offence.
– seriously disturb other campers intentionally.wear jewels during sport lessons, because of safety reasons.
– keep perishables in their room.
– declare any permanent or continuously cured sickness, allergy, food or medicine sensitivity
– inform the closest adult/teacher/Camp Leader about any accident, danger or fire that he is aware of as soon as possible; non-stop medical assistance is provided at the camp
– take part in lessons and behave adequately
– look after the buildings and equipment of the camp and their own valuables; campers are responsible for rented objects. Any damage caused to these objects, equipment or buildings has to be refunded by the person who caused the damage. The value of these objects can be found in the Policy of the venue (Tihanyi Erdei Iskola, Tihany, Hungary)
Supervision of valuables:
Campers are allowed to bring valuables (watch, mobile, jewels) or cash into the camp, but we can not take responsibility for those belongings. So we suggest most to keep home.
Internet and o Wifi use:
This is a digital detox camp. It is important that campers are aware. They can not use the mobile phone during the day time. We collect mobiles, however campers have the possibility to call their parents before and after dinner time.
Language requirements for admittance:
Children must have at least a basic level of spoken English to attend our camps.
In case of cancellation due to illness or any other reason prior to the camp, the Camp Organizers will try their best to find someone from the waiting list to take over the place in question. If another Child (a newly signed up camper or someone from our waiting list) is able to take the place of the Child at the camp, then only the 5% service fee is charged, the remainder of the standard camp fees is fully refunded.
Cancellations must always be made in writing. Refunds are then issued within 30 days of the cancellation to the person who made the original payment.
Offences of Policy:
A serious offence of against the policy will automatically result in the cancellation of the camper’s stay and the camper will be sent back home.
The price of the camp will not be refunded and the decision cannot be appealed.
In case a camper is suspended from the camp and sent home, the camp has the right to deny subsequent applications from the camper to re-join the camp in future sessions.
Parents are able:
– to visit their children at an arranged appointment, but we do not recommend visiting.
– to ask, complain or announce anything to the Camp Leaders.
Date: 12th-18th July, 2020, Sunday to Saturday
Place: MKE Művésztelep, Tihany-Hungary, Major u. 63, 8237